The art-horror; horror writing Horror stories The nature of Horror, by Noel Carroll

Abraham "Bram" Stoker (November 8, 1847 – April 20, 1912) was an Irish novelist and short story writer, best known today for his 1897 Gothic novel Dracula. During his lifetime, he was better known as personal assistant of actor Henry Irving and business manager of the Lyceum Theatre in London, which Irving owned.

Jenaro Talens: Dracula's Last Will

Jenaro Talens, Halloween poem, Vampire poetry, Vampire poems, Dark Poems, Dark Poetry, Gothic poetry, Goth poetry, Horror poetry, Horror poems


These are my words,
my last words.
They grow around me without my guarding them,
then they return to my mouth
and within it they lodge to spend the night.
I speak them so softly that not even you can hear them
close to the ground, so inapprehensible
that even rocks absorb them.
Everything is possible here. Only I
am impossible, a face
with neither color, nor volume
through these galleries where mirrors repeat
themselves in mirrors. They are all uninhabited.
Their thickness reflects nothing, but a confusing light,
drawing my absence among the broken glass.
I was Narcissus when I was alive.
While I was not on the shoulder of time,
I watched it pass by. Death is now
the revenge of others, of those strange others whom I loved
without projecting myself in them.
Come to me.
I shall not hurt you. Know that
from loneliness to loneliness
I fled from a heap of eternities
to cross the earth. I was a traveler,
I slipped into shadows I never knew before,
and in this exile, when I look back,
I think of the dream of the just:
a foamy island awashed in blue.
Perhaps the chills of winter will have mercy on me.
I know that on my tomb yellow flowers will blossom.

No comments: