The art-horror; horror writing Horror stories The nature of Horror, by Noel Carroll

Abraham "Bram" Stoker (November 8, 1847 – April 20, 1912) was an Irish novelist and short story writer, best known today for his 1897 Gothic novel Dracula. During his lifetime, he was better known as personal assistant of actor Henry Irving and business manager of the Lyceum Theatre in London, which Irving owned.

Salwa Al Neimi: Dracula

Salwa Al Neimi, Halloween poem, Vampire poetry, Vampire poems, Dark Poems, Dark Poetry, Gothic poetry, Goth poetry, Horror poetry, Horror poems


Protruding, rebelling against the lips,  
the long, pointed, ill-fated fang stared at me,  
(in spite of awkward attempts to hide it).  

Stealing adolescent glances,  
I dreamed it pierced me, pushing deep in the base of my neck.  
I bit my lower lip, flushed,  
but not before blushing under its spell.  

Yesterday,  
Yesterday when he smiled at me, with teeth in perfect alignment  
          (dentistry can work miracles),  
I turned my apostate face,  
and squinting, pretended to watch passersby.  

No comments: